Making Your Awards Banquet Special
If you are planning an awards banquet, you need to make sure that it will be special. After all, it is being held to honor someone’s achievements, meaning that it should be as memorable as possible. Just as importantly, you want to please your boss since that will have a direct effect on whether you will get the chance to plan more important events in the future.
What Will Your Boss Expect of Your Awards Banquet?
Your boss is probably expecting these 13 things at your awards banquet:
- A good venue should have sufficient space to accommodate all of your participants in a comfortable manner. Furthermore, it should have the capabilities to support whatever you have in mind for your awards banquet. For example, if you are planning live music, you may want to make sure that your venue can support the necessary audio-visual equipment.
- Creating the right atmosphere is necessary for getting participants into the right mood to celebrate. Unfortunately, this tends to be a complicated and time-consuming process, meaning that you want to start considering your choice of decoration, your choice of lighting, and other relevant factors as soon as possible.
- Some event planners like to plan their events around a theme, which can serve to focus their efforts so as to create something coherent rather than a mess. If you are considering this approach, make sure to choose a good theme that is appropriate for the occasion.
- Big events such as awards banquet need a lot of support. As a result, you need to make sure that you have a good team to cover your staffing needs, which may or may not come with the venue.
- The best awards banquet are the ones where everyone will leave happy and satisfied, which means making sure that they have a good time. As a result, if you are searching for live entertainment in between the awards, why not consider someone like a stage magician with an uncommon act nonetheless bursting with broad appeal?
- Given the fact that it is called a banquet, it should come as no surprise to learn that your awards banquet needs good food. However, be considerate by making sure that there is a good selection of food as well as making reasonable accommodations for those with particular dietary needs.
- Depending on the general age of the participants, you might want to have some good drinks available as well, particularly if your awards banquet is meant to be more of a festive event. With that said, make sure to encourage safe driving, whether by reminding participants or by arranging alternate methods of transportation.
- On a related note, you want to make sure that your awards banquet has transportation available because good venues can be located far from transportation hubs, which can be a significant inconvenience for your participants at the end of the event.
- Good timing is important for an award banquet because it ensures that events happen in the moment when the participants are most receptive to them, thus ensuring better reception as well as increased momentum from that point on.
- You want to make sure that you have a good mix of presenters so that your participants won’t get sick and tired of hearing the same person over and over again.
- Awards banquets should be memorable occasions. To ensure this, you need to have photographers on-site capturing all of the most important moments. For that matter, you should consider getting some video-graphers as well.
- Nothing ever goes exactly as planned. As a result, you need to provide event management for your awards banquet so that you can bring the event back on track if it starts to stray.
- It is important to remember that unexpected contingencies can beat even the best planning and preparation, which is why you should have event insurance in case something goes seriously wrong.
Get in Touch
If you are searching for someone to wow the participants at your awards banquet, please get in touch to learn more about how The Beckers can help your next awards banquet…